Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #3

Thirteen Things That Annoy Alissa
1. When people don't use blinkers. Seriously, not only is it the law, but it's a damn good idea. Then I know where the heck you're going and I won't try (quite as hard) to get in your way!

2. The word "situations" as used in football commentary by that Buck guy. Way overused. Listen sometime. Now it will bug you too.

3. People who think they're interesting, when really they're not. Like the guy who follows you around trying to tell you a story and almost follows you into the women's bathroom as you try to escape.

4. When women rock climbers say, "I can't do that." Probably one I'm guilty of, but it's come to bug me lately. I mean, have you really tried? Or are you just complaining to hear yourself talk? The more you say you can't do something, the more it will be true. You could just say, "I'm having trouble doing that right now, but maybe I'll get it soon," instead of prematurely throwing in the towel. Or maybe, "I don't want to do that." That at least would be more honest. ***This is applicable anywhere in life, not just rock climbing, by the way.

5. People who think the rules do not apply to them. I work in regulatory affairs and document control for a plastics manufacturer. I constantly struggle to contain myself as program managers or such come to me saying, "Do I really need to do this paperwork/procedure/protocol?" YES. Deal with it.

6. People who blame their inability to lose weight on something other than themselves. Think about it before you get offended, this is actually pretty rare. Most of us say, Well, I wanted to lose weight, but then I had that whole cake, so I know what I did wrong. The annoying people say, I've been trying so hard *scarf* but I just *munch* don't know *remote control clicking* why it's not working!

7. Dropped cell phone calls. Enough said.

8. Tone deaf people who sing loudly with the radio. You know who you are.

9. The stupid logic my husband uses when arguing. I won't even get into this one. It makes me so mad!

10. Webpages that play music when they're loaded. Again, you know who you are!

11. My house. Seriously, construction sucks.

12. Doomsday forwards. All those urban legend and panic stricken emails warning you not to use mulch from New Orleans or old water bottles. Oh, especially when the person forwarding it writes at the beginning, "I don't know if this is true, but you never can be too safe!!!!" Please.

13. When you spend 30 minutes working on the Thursday Thirteen without saving a draft only to have Blogger not accept your post and instead give you a "Performing maintenance for the next 45 minutes blah blah blah" page, and you get so angry and frustrated that you don't even try to post for another 2 weeks.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


7 Comments:

At October 05, 2006 10:14 AM, Blogger The Schooligan said...

Oh god, the musical webpages annoy the ever loving shit out of me too!!! Seriously, I instantly close the window and will never go back. Ever.

 
At October 05, 2006 10:16 AM, Blogger Sparky Duck said...

#5 is something my wife yells about everyday
I am #8
My best excuse for #6? I gained all this weight from a spider bite.

 
At October 05, 2006 10:32 AM, Blogger Celfyddydau said...

Love this list. A lot of the same things annoy me.

I have a musical page but if you want to suffer you have to click the button and play it yourself because they annoy me too. :) Also it gives people the choice and it means my blog doesn't take forever to load.

 
At October 05, 2006 10:47 AM, Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

Hey, I fully blame my lack of weight loss on myself. Not an issue here. And as for the light blinkers, DH and I joke, "It's a shame that nice, new Volvo doesn't have blinkers that work. Well, at least they're still covered under warranty."

I've posted my Thursday Thirteen, too. Enjoy! ;)

 
At October 05, 2006 11:02 AM, Blogger Sparky Duck said...

Yep I stole that from Dr Phil too

 
At October 05, 2006 12:15 PM, Blogger K said...

A great list! Alot of these annoy me too, including numbers 1, 3, 4, and 13. And number 6 really, really annoys me.

 
At October 06, 2006 12:37 AM, Blogger BlondeBrony said...

Great list.
Happy TT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home